Live and Learn then get... Love?
The weekend adventure on the lake was one to remember. Let me see if I can recite it...
- Got to the lake (20 minutes from the house) and realized I forgot the boat key
- Dispatched a friend to retrieve the key but he had some issues finding the lake
- Tried to blow up the tube with a new, extremely cheap, air pump from China which brok my AC plug in my boat
- Got out on the water which was fun for a few hours tubing and swimming
- Tube rope went under the boat and got tangled in one of the major boat rods underneath the boat
- Spent the next 2 hours trying to fix the entanglement while we were drifting far away from other people/boats
- Ended up calling 911 and finally getting a call back from water patrol
- Water patrol then broke down which caused a 2.5 hour delay while they got towed back
- Water patrol finally reached us and towed us to another ramp 30 minutes from the ramp our cars we located at
- After we were dropped near the new boat ramp, patrol then boated one of us back to the original ramp to drive to the new ramp
- Once the truck arrived at the new ramp we then attempted to pull the boat out of the water without use of the engine
- Once returning home, 6 hours after we first realized we had a problem, I then realized i left one of the snap-in seats in the boat and it flew off during tow back to the house
- Then I walked into my house and found my dog had eaten the sofa